1. Tell us about your new song? And what’s the story behind it?
808Riot: ‘Rookie Of The Year’ is a collaboration between me (808Riot) being the producer and Bri-C being the featured vocal artist. After Bri-C being on my debut album ‘No Structure’ we decided to release a single together to follow up after our song ‘Ammonia’.
2. What makes your music unique? And how would you describe it?
808Riot: I would say my music is very diverse with lots of different production styles. I don’t just stick to one specific genre, I like to expand my creativity and do things differently from other producers. I don’t like to follow the rules of a typical music producer.
3. Which is the best moment in your musical career that you’re most proud of?
808Riot: Releasing my album this year in January was probably my best moment. I got to collaborate with lots of different artists and work with their different styles and talents. Along with the release was a lot of exposure too which landed me on multiple hip-hop/rap publications.
4. How do you balance your music with other obligations — family, friends, or work?
808Riot: I’m still in school so I’m treating the music as my work. The best thing about being independent and working for myself is that I can choose to work whenever I want, I don’t have a set schedule. I always am able to make time for the other people in my life such as my girlfriend, friends etc.
5. What advice would you give to aspiring musicians?
808Riot: Don’t follow the rules, be creative. A lot of the people coming up nowadays all seem the same and seem to almost follow a set criteria. Almost similar to the SoundCloud rapper wave. Being unique is what makes you stand out the most.
6. If you had one message to give to your fans, what would it be?
808Riot: I want to thank everyone for all the support on all my music and thank you to all the people who were supporting me since day one and are still here.
7. What’s next for you? Any upcoming projects?
808Riot: Right now I’m focusing on releasing a lot of singles, about two songs per month, but I am starting to put another album together so look out for that.