OUR EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH KURAI TP
1. Tell us about your new song? And what’s the story behind it?
I came out with my new EP because a week before I dropped it, me and my cousin got into a car accident. Luckily we didn’t get hurt, but at the time we were also making an EP but we didn’t have a cover for it, so I decided to use the picture from the accident.
2. What makes your music unique? And how would you describe it?
My versatility makes my music unique, I create multiple different sounds. I can do hyper pop, lo-fi, hard underground rap, old school, etc. I can’t really describe it with words. I just know it’s different from any other rapper in the North East.
3. Which is the best moment in your musical career that you’re most proud of?
My best moment is when I created “disgusting.” With my cousin. It was a very fun song to make.
4. How do you balance your music with other obligations — family, friends, or work?
Balancing can be very hard at times but I usually have set days where I’ll record and the other days I spend time with my people. So essentially I’m not recording every day unless I have to.
5. What advice would you give to aspiring musicians?
Stay passionate about what you do. Be yourself. Don’t be afraid to make your own path to the top.
6. If you had one message to give to your fans, what would it be?
I love each and every one of you, even if you feel like the world doesn’t love you, I do.
7. What’s next for you? Any upcoming projects?
I have a second part for “The Basement Files” dropping in January, and then another EP/Album in February.